Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Van Gogh eat your heart out


Warning: If the childish nature of my artwork is offensive to anyone's refined ideas of art i apologize. I was only attempting to capture, however pedantically, some of the craziness going on in my head.








Like i said i'm about the furthest thing from an artist. I'm friends with a few though and as art is such an important part of our culture i try to maintain a little knowledge on the subject - i know a Monet from a Manet - and i also like to draw when i can. I still havent mastered the art of scanning so my sketchbook will remain a mystery but sometimes i like to go to Microsoft Paint and kill some time doodling. As you can probably see i'm a fan of landscapes and Comic Book Heroes. I'm a huge comic fan (mostly mainstream stuff like Dc and Marvel) and I have always wanted to write my own comic but the toughest part seems to me like the drawing and formatting. One of my friends promised to give it a try with me this summer so hopefully it will work out.






After doing a few of this drawings i sent them to some people and inspired some response drawings. Seriously, though, if I can create art anyone can and I encourage everyone to explore with different mediums. My father likes cray-pas and coal. My grandma is an awesome oil painter. My muse is a blank screen and a steady mouse. I don't know if it's possible to do this but if people want to (or are able to) respond by posting scanned or computer-generated art of their own that would be awesome! And remember: Paint on! Art is a conduit to the soul!


1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure the watchmen movie comes out in March actually. It looks pretty good. I'm also a comic fan and I loved that graphic novel. nice art though!

    ReplyDelete