Saturday, February 7, 2009

A backdoor entrance to the blogosphere

Hi - a brief introduction and explanation.  Long time blog reader, first time blog creator.  I wanted to have my own forum for discussion of things that are important to me and i didn't want to limit the topic to anything too specific like most blogs do.  See, i'm a college student in Brooklyn, NY so my life and experiences have yet to become an ad nauseum doldrum of repetitiveness.  I don't deny that if you want the most up to date info on any one subject this probably isn't the place to come but if you want to hear, see and converse about a little of everything then this is your kind of blog. 
 I am very concerned about the environment, human rights, animal rights and social justice issues (yeah just about every possible cause) and i also like to stay abreast of things like great places to travel and hike, delicious foods to cook (personally, i'm a vegetarian,) great movies, books, tv and comic books.  
The reason i titled my blog as I did is because, as a student, i have access to a vast array of knowledge and interests from professors and peers alike that give me interest in many topics.  On the other hand, being a city-bred adolescent I also have a tendency to spend more time watching television or chatting online with my girlfriend (who goes to college in Maine) than I will pursuing interests like playing the xylophone, snow-shoeing or creating my own comic books.  So hopefully this blog will serve to teach and inspire me as much as it does any visitors.  Right now i see knowledge as the only currency that can't be undervalued by an economic crisis - and that makes it invaluable to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment